Harry Potter Themed Engagement Session | Add a Little "Magic" to Your Wedding Day | St. Augustine, FL
June 26, 2017
Today marks 20 years since the iconic release of Harry Potter by British author J.K. Rowling. Our world became a little more magical that day and today, even still, we find ourselves lost in the world of Hogwarts! To celebrate, we are sharing one of our all time favorite Harry Potter inspired engagement sessions and have also put together a list of ways to add a little more magic on your special day!
Here are 20 ways to incorporate a Harry Potter theme into your engagement session and on your wedding day!
1. Use wands to showcase your engagement rings.
2. Bring a set of Harry Potter Books to use as props.
3. Wear Harry Potter inspired themed outfits for your engagement session. Such as a scarf or your house colors.
4. Ladies, you can also wear an “Always” inspired necklace for a more subtle touch.
5. Have your engagement session inside a library or study hall.
6. Bring signs with Harry Potter quotes to hold up. Such as, “She’s a Catch” and “He’s a Keeper”.
7. Have your session at Harry Potter World in Universal Studios!
For your wedding day:
8. Incorporate humor into your gift and card table signage. “Please drop off your gifts here and we will sort them out later”. A sorting hat would be the perfect extra little detail.
9. Instead of table numbers, frame the pages with chapter numbers.
10. Ask your photographer to capture an image of your wedding rings inside “The Half-Blood Prince”, chapter 15, directly under the title “The Unbreakable Vow”.
11. Guests love dessert tables! Have a candy bar featuring Harry Potter jelly beans & chocolate frogs.
12. At the bar, offer “Butter Beer” or “Polyjuice Potion”
13. Incorporate golden snitches on your wedding cake.
14. Add a “Muggle & Mrs” cake topper.
15. Create a DIY table runner for your sweetheart table using pages from the book.
16. Create wands out of chocolate covered pretzels as a dessert to go with your chocolate fountain.
17. Give your guests chocolate golden snitches as their wedding favors using Lindt Lindor chocolates or Ferrero Rocher.
18. Book a photo booth and include Harry Potter themed props!
19. Incorporate quotes from the series into your vows, such as “After all this time” and “Always” .
20. For your grand exit, have a sign on the back of your car that says “Until the very end”.
Like these ideas? Feel free to share them on Facebook and Instagram.